Tuesday 8 December 2009

Week 12


The animation was finally completed this week. The final animation shows the engine appear from a cutaway model of a Mk14 Spitfire. The engine then rotates to reveal the pistons. As a finishing touch for the animation we decided to add some narration. It was my job to come up with the script. It is very difficult to write a script in a museum situation because of the varied audience. I did not want to make the script to complex but it needed to be informative.

The recording of the sound was very simple and all components were put together using Premiere Video editing software. With the animation complete all that we needed to do was to prepare for the presentation.

Evaluation

I am very happy with my contribution to this task. The Griffon engine is probably the most detailed and complicated model I have created to date. I wanted to set myself a challenge and I feel that I have succeeded. I believe that everyone in the group made some contribution to the product.

The presentation of the animation went well, and the guests from the Museum of Power seemed fairly impressed with the idea. They did have a few criticisms about the length of the animation and the content of the narration. These are both things that can be easily modified.

Overall I feel that this module has helped me grow in confidence with using 3Ds Max. I now feel I have the knowledge to tackle more complex models. I have also gained more experience working with and presenting to a client.

No comments:

Post a Comment