Wednesday 21 October 2009

Week 3 - Need to Blog!!!

Ive been so eager to get the model finished that I have been neglecting the blog for the last few weeks. I have accomplished quite a lot since my last blog and the model is very near completion. In this update I will carry on from where I left last time.

Symmetry

In my last blog I spoke about alterations I wanted to make to the early model. The cheek areas were very bumpy and a lot of the facial features were very sharp and didn't appear natural.

I made the alterations by using the edit poly tools. I feel the best selection to use is vertex as you can select specific points rather than large areas. Being a perfectionist I spent hours re-arranging points to try and get the face looking how I wanted. I got to a point where I felt the model had improved enough to progress to the next stage. I made this decision purely beacause of time constraints. Im sure I could have spent many more hours making tiny alterations but I needed to leave enough time to at least attempt some of the other tutorials.

The image above shows the results of the alterations i made. Compared to the original model I think it looks ten times better. I now have the full face after adding a symmetry modifier to the side i had already created. The modifier made a duplicate of the original as well as flipping it horizontally. I used the move tool to line the two sides up. The duplicate will update if i make any changesto the original model.

No comments:

Post a Comment